Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Remembering JFK in Dallas

Ben's parents came to visit us!
We had such a great time! Ben and I had to work while they were here,
so we took advantage of our evenings and had some good meals together,
then Ben and I both had Friday off and we all drove up to Dallas together!
Saturday morning we went to the JFK museum.
What an aweing place to stand and to see.
Right under the street signs is where JFK was shot.
The window just above the tree on the left hand side is the window where
he was shot from. That is where the museum is now.

Same picture, but closer up!

An aweing place to see.

"The Grassy Knoll"

Across the grassy knoll.

It was so great to have you both down here! My biggest regret is that I do not have a single picture of you all here! What was I thinking? I aparently wasn't!

Also, a lot of thoughts ran through my mind as I went through that museum. All I remember learning of JFK was that he was a young president and that he was murdered young. At the museum I learned a lot about him. I also learned that our country seemed a lot more united back then. It makes me sad to see how divided our own fellow Americans are among each other, maybe I am just very sensitive to it right now because we are in the midst of all the politics right now. But it really made me sad. We've made so many advances as a nation, but sometimes it seems like we are growing farther and farther apart from being united.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I never knew a museum by his death place exsisted. Seems like a neat place to visit with in-laws.

Noel said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun with visitors, too! I totally agree with you about the division of our country right now. It makes me so sad, mad, and even a little hopeless. Why do politics have to be such a divider between people?
Heidi