Friday, January 18, 2008

Unemployed

I apologize for the lack of posting lately. Nothing new to update on. Since our busy time in Michigan, we have settled back into our routine back in Texas....well, at least Ben has! I unfortunatly have been unemployed since we've been back. I do have a job lined up, but I do not start until the 28th of January. I will be working at MD Anderson Cancer Center. It is the #1 cancer center in the world. I will be working there on a "per diem" basis, which means I only have to work 1 shift every two weeks, but I can work more than that if I want :) Being without a job I have been struggling to find things to do (unfortunatly shopping, my favorite, is not as fun when done by myself... and with pulling in zero income, I find it hard to spend)! I've cleaned, cooked, baked, exercised, caught up on the news, job hunted, babysat, ect... Needless to say, I am excited to work again! Today is cold and rainy in Texas, although I hear Michigan is hitting single digits! Yikes! I guess cold, is cold....but that is stinking cold! Well! Here's to the weekend!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Whew! You guys not only have just gotten married, but also are adjusting to living away from family, friends, support systems, and trying to figure out how the whole marriage thing works. You guys are also trying to build new support systems and friends in Texas. Going shopping by your self and exhausting all your options on how to spend your time while in a major transition is completely normal. Hang in there. We will have to SKYPE soon.
love ya,
Cari

Cari said...

Love the look of your blog!