Sunday, April 12, 2009

Texas Blue Bonnets

When I came to visit my brother and sister-in-law about 4 years ago...my
sister-in-law Brooke introduced me to a Texas tradition.
Every spring, Blue Bonnets grow wild on the side of highways, fields, ect...
The tradition is to pull off the side of the highway and get your picture/family picture
taken in the field of these beautiful flowers!
Well, this weekend, Ben and I did some mountain biking Friday and Saturday,
and on our trip home on Saturday, we saw many people stopped on the side
of the road taking pictures in these huge fields full of blue bonnets!
So we gave into the Texas tradition for the first time!

Our picture, the best we could do on our own!
Me in the blue bonnets!

Ben didn't think it was very manly to get a picture of himself sitting
in flowers, so this is what he gave me to work with!


So beautiful! I love spring!



Laying down in the flowers!
Happy Spring everyone!





4 comments:

Amy said...

You guys are so cute! I think it takes a very manly man to take picutres dancing in the flowers...kudos Ben!!

Tamara said...

What a fun tradition! I love the one of you guys laying in the flowers. :)

thesscurry said...

Beautiful! Spring is finally springing here in the other great state of Michigan!

Cari said...

Happy Spring Em!